Esco is a diversified life science group engaged in a variety of operating businesses, venture investment holdings, and venture building, consisting of companies across the US, Europe, and Asia headquartered in Singapore. Esco VacciXcell is a division of Esco Group of Companies under Esco Healthcare that provides bioprocessing tools utilizing its core Tide Motion technology. With this platform, Esco Aster, a cGMP CDMO subsidiary company, provide services for PD, contract manufacturing, and consultation among others.
Esco is currently seeking the right individual to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of a Product Specialist.
As a Product Specialist, you will work closely with the Bioprocess Scientists, Process Development Scientists, Business Development, Sales, Distribution Center, and Management to plan, create, market, interact, sell, and maintain master level product data.
- Strategically plan production, marketing and sales, and interact with many organizational departments and customers.
- Product management duties including pricing, product launches, and execution of promotional activities.
- First line technical service response with backup from Engineering.
- Train employees such as salespeople and customer service representatives to assist in optimizing sales and customer satisfaction.
- Interact directly with customers to improve the product and understand the customers' needs and the product's future direction.
- Manages projects in the organization that bring a new product from a concept to its launch into the marketplace.
- Monitor pharmaceutical industry trends and provide expertise and advice to drive product development.
- Enhance the existing products the organization produces or develop new products.
- Provide support to the design and engineering team in the development of the new product.
- Evaluates market trends and suggest new product development or changes to the existing product line in an organization.
- Ensure the profitability and continued growth of Esco products.
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Pharmacy, or Pharmaceutical Engineering.
- Strong working knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing workflow (formulation and downstream processing).
- Two to three years of experience as a product specialist, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry, field applications, or technical support of manufacturing hardware.
- Knowledgeable on GMP and FDA guidelines for pharmaceutical processing (sterile/non-sterile and hazardous/non-hazardous).
- Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Willingness to travel 75% of the time, overseas travel, and occasional last-minute travel within your specified geographic region to attend nationwide meetings and tradeshows.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced start-up working environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take the initiative for improvement.
- Strong presentation skills (public speaking desired).
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict, verbally and in writing, to external customers and team locally and globally.
- Willingness to adapt to changing work environment.
- Experience in working in a GMAP facility.
- Experience in actual pharmaceutical manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of basic GMP manufacturing workflow for sterile and non-sterile.