Electrical Design Engineer will be in-charge of the total operational hardware control of a project by parts and as a whole. As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will design the control electrical circuit and develop the hardware and drawings necessary for the controls such as the electrical schematics, IO allocation table, pneumatic diagrams, and general electrical arrangement drawing or layout. Also, you will do the IO testing the whole system and test that all functional and system requirements are met.
- Design and drafting of electrical control schematics and IO table: use of AutoCAD Electrical as CAD.
- Electrical panel layout and general arrangement drawings: use of AutoCAD Electrical as CAD.
- Design and drafting of Pneumatics and P&ID or process flow diagrams: use of AutoCAD Electrical as CAD.
- Do electrical wiring, troubleshooting and commissioning.
- Working with mechanical and EC&I engineer in ensuring electromechanical system suits the design of the electrical and control system.
- Working with validation team / sales / purchaser/project coordination team in ensuring that all project technical requirements are captured and implemented in the project.
- Preparing detailed documentation necessary such as Technical Manual, Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Installation and Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ), etc.
- Commissioning and testing of the whole system which usually includes electrical checks, sensor checks and calibration adjustment, and tubing / piping checks.
- Supervising the installation and testing of electrical panel wiring and assembly.
- Engineering degree in Electronics / Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent.
- Electrical and Instrumentation experience with at least 2 years of industrial in design and control systems.
- Knowledge in designing and drafting electrical controls using AutoCAD Electrical. Familiar with the IEC code in electrical panel and wiring requirements. Knowledge in UL is an advantage.
- Knowledge in designing and drafting pneumatic and tubing/piping instrumentation systems using AutoCAD Electrical. Familiar with various pneumatic valves, actuators, sensors, and fittings are required.
- Familiar with P&ID drawings and standard as per ISA5.1.
- Familiar and experience making IO allocation table and cross-referencing with electrical control schematics.
- Basic knowledge in fieldbus and industrial networking: Profinet, Profibus, Modbus RS485, Modbus TCP/IP and Ethernet / IP are required. Knowledge with other fieldbus technology is an advantage but not required.
- Ability to make technical documentations such as user and operating manual, system manual, validation and testing documents, Factory acceptance test (FAT) protocol and design or functional specifications of the project.
- Familiar with various instrumentation devices, such as gas analyzers, flow transmitters, weighing scale, pressure transmitter, humidity and temperature transmitter, etc.
- Basic knowledge in PLC preferably with Siemens S7300/1200/1500 controllers and/or Allen-Bradley Micrologix/Compactlogix and preferably with Siemens Comfort/Advanced Panels and/or Allen-Bradley PanelView.
- Ability to create Bill of Materials (BOM) and knowledge of wide range of electrical components.
- Ability to speak English and can work with minimum supervision.