- Responsible for all purchasing activities including sourcing, contract negotiation and expediting delivery schedule.
- Coordinating with suppliers and forwarders in shipping and customs processes and procedures related to importation, on timely delivery of materials.
- Issuing purchase orders for local and overseas purchases.
- Establish and maintain an independent supplier’s performance monitoring systems to ensure compliance with performance & quality standards & maintain close liaison with suppliers.
- Graduate of Business/Custom Administration/Industrial Engineering or other relevant course.
- Good knowledge in shipping practice such as import and export documentation, permit declaration and other relevant documents.
- Familiar with purchase variances and participate in cost reduction program.
- Excellent business network and supplier contracts from shipping industry is highly desirable.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- An independent individual who works well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & analytical skill.
- Proactive, flexible, reliable, self-motivated & organized.
- Can commence work immediately.